This method is quick and reliable, especially if your horse gets killed during your journeys. Simply shoot the horse’s rider and wait for it to calm down, then shift your saddle using the steps above. Following these steps will ensure that you swiftly remove your saddle from a dead horse and continue your journey without any further hassles.
1. Be sure to approach the horse from the side opposite the saddle to avoid bumping it and triggering an animation that will cause the horse to topple over.
2. Once you get close to the horse, aim for the lower half of the saddle and press the “Pick Up” button.
3. If you are unable to remove the saddle with the “Pick Up” command, try using your knife to cut the saddle off.
4. Be aware that removing the saddle from a dead horse will decrease the overall value of the saddle compared to if it was removed from a living horse.
5. After successfully removing the saddle, be sure to store it on your own horse or sell it to a stable to make some extra cash.
Table of Contents
Removing a Saddle from a Dead Horse in RDR2 PC
Secure Your Horse and Equipment
First things first, if you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of having your horse die during your journey in RDR2 PC, you need to make sure that you secure your horse and equipment. There are several steps you need to take in order to do this:
- Ensure that your character is safe and not under immediate threat.
- Move to your horse and stand next to it.
- Select the option to retrieve any equipment or items you had attached to your horse.
- If you have another horse with you, ensure that it is secured and any extra equipment or items are transferred to it.
Once you have secured your horse and equipment, you can move onto the next step of removing the saddle.
Select the Option to Remove the Saddle
Removing a saddle from a horse in RDR2 PC is a relatively easy process, but it does require a bit of navigation through the game’s menu system. Here’s what you need to do:
- Place your horse next to you and ensure that it is secured.
- Select the option to take off your saddle from your horse.
Now that you’ve removed the saddle from your horse, it’s time to attach it to a new one.
Lock Your Saddle on The New Horse
The next step in the process is to lock your saddle on the new horse. Here’s how to do it:
- Approach the new horse you want to attach your saddle to.
- Ensure that the horse is secure and not agitated by any nearby enemies or animals.
- Select the option to attach the saddle to the new horse.
- Lock the saddle onto the new horse.
Quick Solution for a Dead Horse
If your horse dies during your journey in RDR2 PC, the process of removing the saddle and placing it on a new horse can be a quick solution to get back on track. However, it’s important to note that this can only be done if you have another horse nearby.
Once your horse has been killed, you’ll need to take a few extra steps to get the new horse to calm down before you can attach the saddle. Here’s how to do it:
Shooting the Horse’s Rider to Calm it Down
To get the new horse to calm down after your previous horse has died, you’ll need to shoot the horse’s rider. This may seem harsh, but it’s the only way to get the new horse to calm down so that you can attach the saddle.
It’s important to remember that shooting the horse’s rider will alert nearby enemies and animals, so you’ll need to be ready for any potential threats that may arise.
How to Shift Your Saddle to a New Horse
After you’ve shot the horse’s rider and the new horse has calmed down, you can go ahead and attach your saddle to it using the steps outlined above. It’s important to note that not all saddles are compatible with all horses, so you may need to switch out your saddle for a different one if it doesn’t fit.
In conclusion, removing a saddle from a dead horse in RDR2 PC is a relatively simple process, but it does require a bit of navigation through the game’s menu system. By following the steps outlined above, you’ll be able to quickly attach your saddle to a new horse and get back on track with your journey.